Saturday, October 16, 2010

Web 2.0

I think that wikis are a very fun and interesting way for students for students to do projects. Wikis seem like an assignment that I would turn into a once a semester project that a student could enjoy doing over an entire semester. They seem like they would be too much work for a student to do as a regular homework assignment so I would stretch it over several months so that it could be packed with all of the information throughout the class. By the end of the semester I would have them turn in a wiki going over 3 or 4 subjects that we went over throughout the course of the class.
            Socialbookmarking seems like a really good idea for students who work in groups. It is useful for teachers and students because if a teacher needs to check a student’s resources or work that they used for their projects or papers. I have never used a VoiceThread before but it seems like a way to easier explain a picture or media slide. If a student is trying to show a media slide with a picture that isn’t easily explained, a student can add a voice snippet to help explain what is going on in the visual.
            I’m not sure that I have used a tapped in type of community with any school work but if I am not mistaken, I think I used one at work online to find my schedule. From the figure shown in the book, it looks pretty much like the same thing. This is a creative way to keep people connected and informed with different things that a certain group of people may need. The 1 that I used had different communities broken down into different parts like a park, a subdivision, restaurants and they would all represent something like our schedules, corporate contacts, or different rules and so on. Since it was the first time I saw it I thought it was pretty cool. I think this tool could be very useful as a teacher because you could do the same thing and set them up as class time/dates, class notes, and syllabus just to name a few as examples.
Works Cited
Jonassen, D, Howland, J, Marra, R, & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful learning with technology. Upper Sadle River, New Jersey: Pearson Merrill/Prentice Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment